restoration updates

Water Damage Tips

June 12th, 2012

If you have water damage, call FloodMaster at (210) 651-6900 or read more on the Water Restoration page. Meanwhile, here are a few frequently asked questions and answers:

Q: Should I ventilate the affected area?
A: Yes, open windows and turn on the A/C
Q: Do I open up cabinets and drawers to help facilitate the drying process?
A: Yes, but only if the cabinets and drawers are easily opened, you do not want to force a stuck drawer open
Q: Should I remove wet or damp carpet or rugs from hardwood floors?
A: Yes, if not the damp carpets or rugs can seep into the hardwood further damaging it
Q: Should I operate TV’s, computers, or other electronics in a room with standing water?
A: No, operation of electronics could lead to serious injury
Q: Do I use heat to dry a closed structure?
A: No, heat alone will further the growth of mold inside the structure

more news